Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Official Members

It's final.....we are official members of the Mini-Van Club. We bit it and bought one.

Now, I really don't care what I drive one way or another. I had Adam shop around and be in charge of finding a vehicle. I didn't even see it or test drive it myself before getting it. It didn't really matter to me. If money were no object, I still don't have a "dream car" in mind. I just like it to run and to feel safe. The convenience of loading kids and equipment out of a mini-van does appeal to me. And Adam seems OK with a mini-van, not a big knock at his ego or anything. He was actually quite excited about this one. So, here it is:


I know, it's nothing to get real excited about. It's a 2003 Pontiac Montana....but to us, that's NEW! We were previously driving a '96 and a '95. We're keeping Adam's truck and getting rid of our Chrysler Cirrus. When we get vehicles, we budget and prepare to pay cash. No financing or loans for us. So, this is what we can comfortably afford at this time (on top of buying a house in a couple of days - we close Thursday @4!!).

4 comments:

The Bontragers said...

Hi Becca, I visit your blog through Michelle & Phil's and I just had to write and say that the fact you paid cash for your van was not missed on this "Dave Ramsey fanatic". It's so inspirational - thanks for sharing. (THOSE are the coolest cars ever!) Congrats!

Adam's mom said...

Congrats on the new van. Looks great and I think you will really enjoy sitting up higher while driving and have more people and cargo room. Good job with paying cash, what a good example you guys are!

The Rottiers said...

HEY we have already talked about joining the minivan club. They do seem so much better as far as space and everything. We like our small SUV as opposed to a car but don't like the bigger SUVs compared to a van. Vans are much comfier (if thats a word)Let me know when you are up for a playdate.

DianeT said...

Hey there....just found this.
Don't worry about the mini-van thing....you will appreciate the convenience.
How is the church? Love the pictures of all the family outings...love the little tractor.

Please keep in touch