Saturday, March 05, 2011

RENOVATION ZONE

So, we've tackled our house projects! There is NO MORE bright green carpent in our house. This is a big deal. There was a lot of it, and little by little over the last 1 1/2 years, we've managed to get rid of it all! (The above pic is Adam thinking, "Why are you taking a picture of me?" And my verbal response was, "It's for the blog!")

What are we working on? Our front entryway, the staircase going upstairs, the hallway upstairs and downstairs, the downstairs bathroom. And because I have a handy (and handsome) husband who has experience in painting and carpentry, he doesn't let us cut corners very often. I don't know how many times I've either verbally said or thought in my head, "How many more times do we have to sand?!" We're sanding and painting all of the trim. Patching, sanding, and painting all of the walls. Staining (and stripping) the edge of the stairs and the new handrail and spindles that Adam will make. Stripped the bathroom vanity and mirror frame and will repaint them. New vinyl flooring in the bathroom. New throne (a.k.a. toilet in the bathroom). Carpet will be laid on the stairs and the downstairs hallway. Whew! We've finally gotten through most of the prepwork and will be able to start getting some colors on walls this next week hopefully. My hands have an awful, dry feeling from doing all of that stripping and sanding and there's a lovely layer of dust on everything in the house because of the mess we've made! I love envisioning the finished product though and I love that we are able to do the majority of this work ourselves! No one is too young to be put to work in this house. ;)

Landon hasn't helped at all (OK, Tate hasn't really either....he just picked up some sandpaper this morning and I thought I'd snap a pic) as he's been plagued with an ear infection this past week. This is the first one that he's had. I didn't take him to the doctor until Friday, so he suffered through it most of the week. Plus, he had croup the week before. I'm so ready for him to be healthy and happy and back to his normal self. This is a pic of him in his healthy, happy state singing the ABC's. I took video of it but it's not in a user-friendly format for this somewhat tech un-saavy girl.