Here's a few cultural things we discovered while we were in Brazil:
- They take lots of showers. Especially one before the evening meal. Everybody showers before dinner.
- The big meal of the day is lunch.
- When engaged, both the guy and the girl wear an engagement ring. Many date and are engaged for quite awhile.
- They have hot dogs there, but they don't eat them like we do. They chop them up and put them in a sauce with a bunch of toppings on a sandwich bun. It's very rare to see them eating one ballpark style like we do.
- People eat with both arms on the table. It's weird to have your hands in your lap at the table.
- They use nicknames a lot for one another.
- They are very affectionate.
There's just a few tidbits of how they do things in another part of the world.