Monday, February 20, 2012

Overflowing!

I feel incredibly grateful and filled up this morning. Here's some of the reasons why:

- A refreshing and relaxing weekend with a good friend and her family. Our men get along well. Our kids get along well. Ahhhhh......
- So thankful our house can accommodate having friends and family come and spend time with us.
- A positive report from Landon's preschool teachers.
- Landon having the opportunity to even attend preschool. A new scholarship program enabled us to send him for FREE to a really great Christian preschool this year. He's loved it!
- A cooperative Tater-tot who let me spend some significant time in the book of James this morning.
- Tate rockin' the potty training today! He even initiated wanting to go #2 on the potty!
- Getting to talk with middle school and high school girls this week about relationships/sex/dating/God and how they are absolutely connected.
- Anticipating another opportunity to share with the women at the Kent County Jail in a few weeks.
- It's Monday night....and that means ZUMBA class!
- A Sunday morning sermon series that is challenging, encouraging, and very applicable.
- My new menu planning white board. On Sunday, I look ahead at the week and at what items I have on hand, what items are on sale, what we have going on, etc - and I actually write down what we'll be having every night for dinner. It's taken all of the stress out of that 4:30 - Ugh-What-am-I-making-for-dinner-tonight- thing I had going for awhile.
- The sun is shining beautifully and we even had the chance to take a short walk around the neighborhood.

Feeling incredibly blessed and content in this moment. Hoping that you can find a chance to disconnect from the crazy, the disappointing, the difficult, the ugly, and anything else that is getting you down. So much has been given to us!

4 comments:

Dots in Flip Flops said...

Congrats on the new menu board!! It is the best thing ever (I use one too).

I was wondering, in a few weeks I'm starting some lessons for my highschool girls about relationships/dating/God/etc and would LOVE to see your notes. I'm trying to pull from a lot of different sources, all backed by scripture of course and would just love some extra wisdom

=) Thanks! Katie

Dad said...

I'm incredibly blessed watching the woman "my little girl" has become. (3rd james verse 4)
love-
ol' Dad

Adam and Becca said...

Katie,
I'd love to share with you what I hit on...and what we've been talking about the few weeks prior to this, as it's tied into it. Shoot me an email and I'll try to get back with you. the.willis.house(at)gmail.com

Dad said...

....That reference should be 3rd John verse 4. We both know there is only one book of James!