Monday, December 03, 2012

Making me smile......

I like smiling. Sometimes it's a laugh out loud sort of thing. Other times, its a deep sense of contentment.  Or a roll-of-the-eyes irony sort of smile. Here's some things that have made me smile in some way lately:

- Tate likes ninjas. Only he pronounces them as "injas." I've tried to get him to pronounce them properly, but he continues to leave the "n" sound off at the beginning. When I try to correct him again, he just looks at me like I'm crazy and replies, "That's what I said....innnja." 

- We've started doing a family devotional to help us prepare for Christmas. We're doing Thriving Family's "Knowing Him By Name" advent devotional. It's all about some of the different titles for Jesus. I was afraid it might be a little too "old" for our preschool children, but Landon especially has really latched onto it and remembers things from one day to the next.

- Adam bought me a box of my favorite Little Debbie Snack Cakes. Although he has hidden them from me. 

- Heath went 5 hours between feedings the other night. Oh yeah! 

- A hug from a friend.

- Cloth diapers. Took a plunge and are using them, although not exclusively. They seem to contain the major blowouts way better than disposables. The other day I actually carried a diaper outside to show Adam and excitedly said, "There's no way this would have all stayed in a disposable diaper!"  It also makes me smile that Adam seems to be coming around to them. He's put Heath in them several times when he initially was not excited about my idea to start using them. It helps that some of them are camouflage print probably. 

- I went to a Zumba class tonight! Felt good to move and exert myself! First workout since the baby. I'll probably regret it in the morning. 

- Cheesy Christmas romance movies. 

That's all I got right now......What about you? I'd like to hear what has made you smile lately.