Thursday, September 21, 2006

Just so you know.....

Life carries on and we've been busy, although I'm having trouble coming up with anything significant to write about.......I'll scrape some tidbits together.......

I turned 26 last week. That's right. If you are just finding out now.....you missed the big party.

We have begun moving forward with our downstairs bathroom remodeling. There's actually a shower in it now (although still not useable.....today was day 123 of taking a bath..the upstairs bathroom only has a bathtub). We gutted the whole room so we're able to insulate the walls! This will be the warmest room in the whole house during the winter! The rest of our house is old and we've come to find does not have insulation....brrrrrr.....that will have to be a project for next year. We are also having new windows put in place of all of our old ones in the next month. Windows that can open and close are good.

Adam's mom visited last weekend and stayed with us for a couple of nights. It was good to see her and spend some time with her!

Work for me is good. Finally putting in fairly normal hours.

Clyde, our cat, is as vivacious as ever. He greets us at the door when we come home. Only wants to be held when he's in the mood for it. Plays with rocks. And ate popcorn for the first time last night. Exciting.

I'm wearing my glasses for the first time in public today. They are a little bolder than what you might expect. They have large rims. They make me feel a bit retro. People seem to be saying nice things about me.....but I doubt they'd tell me if I looked like a dork.

Otherwise, God is teaching me and stretching me continuously when it comes to following Him. Sometimes I think I think it'd be nice to live a "normal" life . And by that I mean, I feel like I spend so much of my time and energy "serving" or "ministering" that sometimes for a few moments I think it'd be nice to be a little selfish and just do whatever I wanted to do. But really, deep down in my heart of hearts...I do want to serve and I do want to minister....I really feel and know that I'm here for that purpose and I don't want to be selfish and only think of my own agenda and my own list. But hey, I'm human, so I have my moments of needing God to intervene and help me work on my attitude. I'm a work in progress.

Anyways. That's it for now. Nothing fabulously exciting, but I wanted to sign in and let the world know what we've been up to. -Becca