Tuesday, September 04, 2007

It's gonna be a..........

It's gonna be a......
BOY!!!!!
That's right, we are extending the Willis name another generation! We had an ultrasound this morning and the ultrasound technician barely had the little sensor thing near my stomach before she could tell it was a boy! Our little guy wasn't shy when it came to showing his stuff.....although he was shy when it came to letting us get a profile pic. He kept his hands in front of his face the whole time! Adam thinks he'll be a boxer (but I'm still not sure how I feel about boxing....what can be right about beating someone else up?!?!?! Anyways. We'll cross that bridge when/if we get to it....).
Everything seems to look good. Healthy heartbeat. All the limbs are there. It's amazing that you can even see the fingers and toes at this point! Crazy! I don't really feel like I have something living inside of me! I am starting to gain more weight now and am up a good 8lbs. or so. Clothes don't fit as nicely as I'd like, but I'm still not really big enough to wear maternity clothes.
Anyways. On other notes....our two cats are getting along wonderfully. We even caught them taking a nap together the other night. They play together often. It is quite entertaining. Oh, and for all of you who have been on the edge of your seat, we've named our kitten Daisy. It seems to fit her well. She is very sweet at times, although she is still very hyper......we occasionally call her Spaz or Crazy Daisy.

9 comments:

Adam's mom said...

A dear little grandson to look forward to holding whom I already love so much! Such exciting news, now my eyes will be focused on all the cute little boy stuff that is out there. Just can't wait. Maybe he was holding his hands in front of his face just to tease you. :) Sounds like something Adam's son would do!

Annette said...

A boy?! Congratulations! I'm excited for you. An ultrasound that shows no concerns is always great news, too. So is it going to be one of the two names we've heard before or are those reserved for twins only?

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about your "baby boy". It is so much fun to think and plan. Now I have a purpose when I look at baby clothes.
I am glad that Clyde and Daisy are getting along. I figured in time that Clyde would enjoy the companionship and I am sure that occasionally Daisy will get on Clyde's nerves.
Becca's MOM

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both of you. You will be amazing parents and I think this little boy is going to be given tons of love and spoiled pretty rotten.
Love,
Fay

The Chinlund Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy to hear all is developing well too. Obviously I don't have any experience with having a girl yet, but I can tell you that having a boy is loads of fun!!! You two will be great parents!

Jonathan and Tatiana said...

Hey you two!
Congratulations! How exciting! May be your little boy would want to marry our little girl, in about 25 years or so...(neither is born yet, but that's a minor detail). We can have one of those arranged marriages, where the kids have NO say, whatsoever:) The nice part about it is that with such awesome parents like you, we have nothing to worry about. He is going to be smart, cute, sweet, athletic, organized (thank you Becca) and funny. We are so happy for you!

Indy Tribe said...

Yea, finally someone for Noah to...um...well...at least now he can say he has a boy cousin, even if they will be 9 1/2 years apart. I'm sure he will have a lot to teach him. The question is whether or not you want your boy to learn it! hahaha. We are super thrilled for you!!! Love your blog

Aunt Doreen said...

Congratulations! IT will take a mighty woman to keep Adam and son from wrestling all over the house and I know you can handle it. I can see it now.... so many excuses for Adam to buy those toys he missed out on.
Becca, start warning him now that babies don't need to be held upside down or bounced on their heads!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Becca and Adam..Am so happy for you. Just becareful of the Kitty litter becca as there is possiblility of damage when you are pg and handle the stuff. Learned that when I was pg for Kim. What a wonderful blessing for both you and Adam. Paula