Monday, September 05, 2011

Laboring on Labor day

Labor Day is a chance to take a break from your "paying" job and spend some time laboring on other projects. Right? That's what I convinced Adam of anyways.
Don't worry, we had our chance of relaxing and playing over the holiday weekend as well. There was some of this:

(This is what Adam was doing this weekend while I spent relentless hours attempting to learn how to dive. My goal at the beginning of the summer was to learn how to dive. I used to know how, but then when you don't do it for about 10 years....it's all of a sudden very scary to jump into the water head first. I'm not the most graceful person. Well, I still don't have a "pretty" dive, but I've improved and I at least spent some time trying! We'll build on it for next year.)

And we've recently started a house project. Nothing too costly or extensive. We took down all of our shutters. I spent some time cleaning them off. Adam and his dad spent Saturday afternoon power washing our house. And today, Adam began the painting of the shutters.

Our house is a very light gray and the shutters and all of the trim were white. Kinda "blah" looking. Last year at about this time we painted the exterior doors a navy blue. We bought enough paint to do the shutters as well. We also plan to give our columns a fresh paint of white paint as they really need it. Hopefully, I'll be able to post "before" and "after" pics of the front of the house soon (Don't be waiting by your computers though....by "soon," I mean a couple of weeks)!