Monday, October 10, 2011

Rollerskating is still IN!

Our church had a family skate night a few weeks ago. Super fun! I'm surely biased, but I had a couple of CUTE rollerskaters on my hands. Tate didn't think he wanted to try skating at first, so he just got pushed around in a stroller - of which he would protest any time we'd stop pushing him. Eventually, he got rollerskates too. Both boys never wanted to leave the floor. Round and round and round we went.
I'm glad that we're able to introduce them to rollerskating at a young age. My first experience on rollerskates was probably when I was 6 or 7 and I was at a birthday party. I think I was the only one who had never skated before - or at least it felt like that. Then for the next several years of elementary school it seemed like there was a class party at a rollerskating rink. Apparently, it's a somehwhat vital activity skill to aquire to more easily make it through childhood.