Landon turned 5 last week!
We threw him an Airplane themed birthday party!
We invited friends from church and preschool. And somewhere I remember that only about 70% of invitees usually attend a wedding. Well, apparently, those statistics aren't quite the same for kid's birthday parties. They ALL said they were coming! Which means we were expecting 16 friends!
And on the invitation, I said that the children could "fly" alone and parents didn't need to stick around.
So adventurous, aren't I?!
(2 parents did stay)
The party was for 2 hours and my goal was to keep us busy the whole time and not allow any "free" play if possible. There were games, a craft, snacks, cake, a short movie, etc. I tried to keep it organized and detailed, but yet also pretty simple and frugal to plan.
|This was one of the moment's where I had their attention.|
|Another calm moment as they watched a 5-minute short movie.|
Here's a snapshot of Landon at 5 years old:
- He really likes playing with small toys. Small cars, marbles, little army men. He's very into details and organization.
- Still loves anything with wheels.
- He still naps almost every day. :) (Don't hate me)
- His preschool teachers recently described him as observant, cautious, discerning, and a good friend to the other kids.
- He asked for a scarf for his birthday. Yep, when asked what he wanted, he said a scarf. You better believe I made sure that sweet kid got a scarf. Grandma Vig made him a cool fleece soccer scarf.
- He wants to kiss me goodnight. Gonna cherish that as long as I can.
- He is very interested in learning. He frequently asks how things are spelled, how things work, what day of the week it is, etc.
- He struggles to eat things with foods mixed together.....soups, chili, casseroles, etc. He'll eat them eventually (because we don't give another option), but its often after it's cold and everybody else has left the table.
- He's a sweet boy who is thoughtful, happy most of the time, and we are so blessed to be his parents!