Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2014 Goals

And, here it is.........our 2014 Goal List. In no particular order. 

- Send a handwritten note in the mail once a week. A lost art. But who doesn't adore getting a personal, unexpected, stamped handwritten note in their mailbox? For me, it's a real pick-me-up to know that someone was thinking of me and took a moment to let me know. Hopefully, I can do that for others throughout the year. (Becca)

- Finish knitting a blanket. This blanket has been on circular needles for well over a year, maybe even two. It still has a VERY, VERY long ways to go. I've knitted one other large blanket before. I know I can do this. The other one made such quick progress because it included a road trip to/from South Dakota. (Becca)

- Read through the Bible in a year. (Adam)

- Do more art. I really enjoyed the little bit of painting that I did this year. I have a few requests to do some more of the "O Come Let Us Adore Him" canvases that I showed a few weeks ago. My mind is going with a few other projects as well. Would love to get back into my artsy side. (Becca)

- Read through the "Jesus Calling" daily devotional.  I love the idea of daily devotionals to last throughout the whole year, but sometimes I tend to lose interest in one or find another one that piques my interest. Would love to work through these daily intimate notes of beckoning my heart to His. (Becca)

- Shoot a Deer. (Adam) (I'm assuming he means with a bow since that is all that he hunts with....but he's not home right now as I write this post).

- Have a TV-free night at least once a week. Many nights we end up turning the TV on after the kids go to bed. Not because there is something we necessarily want to watch, just out of habit. Many times it may just be background noise to something else we are doing, but still we'd love to be intentional about keeping it off more often.

- Do something about our dining room table. Since our family has grown, it's hard for us to have company over and all fit at our dining room table. Thinking about building a Do-It-Yourself table. Or maybe find a great used one. Or maybe a not-so-great used one and re-vamp it. Would love to have one that will seat 10-12.

- Go on an anniversary trip.  This one is a carry over from last year. We had it scheduled. Had to cancel it. Definitely still want to find a way to make it happen in the coming year.

- Pray the Prayer of Jabez. I know there was a lot of hype about this little book that was written back in  2000. I read it then, but recently re-read it. Would love to incorporate it into a consistent part of our prayer life this year.  "And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested." I Chronicles 4:10

- Ride the Merrell Trail. (Adam) Yep,this is the mountain biking trail where Adam's accident took place.  He wants to ride through it again (avoiding all of the extra apparatus', such as the A-frame one where he took his fall). I'm not a mountain biker, so I'm counting on Adam's mountain biking friends to accompany him. Mark your calendars, guys. Maybe a 1-year anniversary event?



Feel free to check in with us throughout the year and ask us how we are doing with these goals!