Sunday, July 07, 2019

It lives!

Must. Not. Let. The. Blog. Die. 

I'm not always completely sure why I want to keep this going when MONTHS will pass in between postings. I guess I still have the same reason to keep it going as we did when I started it - to keep family and friends further away more easily able to stay abreast of our activities - and to document our days....(or these days, document brief glimpses of a few things here and there). 

Part of me wants to make sure there is some sort of documentation. My mom always kept photo albums- and still does. I loved looking through them as a child. If there's not a picture, it didn't happen, right? ;)  I manged to keep photo albums for the first 6ish years we were married. I never really got into the scrapbooking craze which was big during that time, but I did manage to print off and put them in albums orderly. They are now safely tucked away in a plastic tote in storage in our basement. No one has touched them for several years. I even managed to print off another year or two of pictures beyond that. Everything beyond Tate at about 2 years old is mostly kept digitally now (Ummmm...he turns 10 next week). 

Did you know there are even websites/companies that will turn blogs into printed photo books? Well, I've known that for a few years and thought it was a lovely idea....but still haven't done well at keeping things going. I have a brilliant friend who every year manages to organize her digital photos and print off a photo book capturing the activities of the year. Hmmmm.....I wonder how long it would take me to catch up with the past nearly 16 years?....(Actually, I have a rough idea as I've done a few photo books for special trips.....It would take me approximately 5.5 months if I never took any breaks or slept). 

So. My goal this next week or so is to catch up. To make a smattering of postings of things that happened the past few months. And then to get a post in once a month. I'll likely not post links to my social media pages. I'll jjust get them up so that they are there. Tune in if you want to catch up. (Probably mostly our moms).