Saturday, February 15, 2020

Valentine's Day 2020

We like to celebrate all types of love in our lives for Valentine's Day! 

I threw my first "Galentine's Brunch" this year! (Pretty sure this idea first came from the show Parks and Rec....the whole idea is to celebrate your Gal Pals and "kick it breakfast-style.") It was lovely to gather local women from various areas of my life and treat them to a nice breakfast! I love how they were game for gathering....some didn't know anyone else there....but I felt like by the time they left they had been encouarged, connected with, and felt special! 


And the last few years, as our schedule allows, we have a fancy family celebration for Valentine's Day. That afternoon Adam asked if he and the boys really had to get dressed up for dinner. My response: "I spent over $30 on meat and the potatoes are cut into the shapes of hearts. You will all dress up." They complied very nicely and didn't complain. They even smelled good. They are at such fun ages where they think it's fun to drink out of fancy glasses and do special things like this. We ended the evening by putting comfy clothes on and watching the live action of "Lady and the Tramp."




Love this life I get to live and the people I get to share it with!