Saturday, February 06, 2010

Lazy Saturday ramblings....

It's been a long while since I had a somewhat rambling post about nothing specific......

Thankfully, we have a lazy Saturday afternoon and evening on our agenda. Adam's watching a movie, but I zoned out a LONG time ago and have been catching up on my facebook and blog reading instead. Out of the 5 movies I picked out at the library, he picked the one that I least wanted to watch. Of course. :)

Attended our church's annual Ladies Game Night last night. Adam's had a lot on his plate lately in the evenings and was gone last weekend at a Men's Retreat. It felt good to finally get out and do some socializing on my own without having to worry about wiping drippy noses, feeding kids, or seeing if my son just ran into the women's bathroom. So fun to play some games and chat it up! A small handful of us staked it out until after 1:30.

So, Adam and I are going to do some travelling....together. Been awhile since we've been able to do that! We skipped any sort of vacations this past summer...we were plenty busy moving, having a baby, ya know, things like that. Adam went on a backpacking trip, but I chose not to go since I was 9 months pregnant at the time. And the summer before that, I took Landon on vacation with my family, but Adam had a mission trip to Mexico at the same time (already on the calendar before he started the position at the church). So, in May we will be visiting our friends, Marv and Lindsay, who have been teaching in the Dominican Republic for the past year. We're leaving the boys at home (not by themselves of course). I'm trying not to think about having to leave them. I won't be a weepy mess, but it will still be tough. I've only spent 1 night at a time away from Landon on a handful of occasions and I have yet to be away from Tate. But I know it will do us good to get away together and have fun with our friends. Can't wait!

The Super Bowl is tomorrow night. I don't really care all that much about football, but I suppose I'll be rooting for the Colts. I have to, I'm an Indiana-grown girl! We're hosting our Flock group for a party (that's what our church calls the Sunday School classes.....Flocks.....Took me awhile to get used to that).

Adam and both boys have had colds this past week. Someone needs to come up with a better way to suck snot out of babies noses. Nobody likes that thing.

I can't wait until it's warm again and my babies can run around with less clothes on. They have such cute round tummies, chubby legs, and precious little piggy toes...can't wait to see them again! Also can't wait to run around with sandals on again. My toenails are painted a brilliant, bright red right now. I actually didn't have socks on the other day and Landon thought I had ketchup on my toes.

Adam has a devotional challenge in place for the youth at church: Do devotions 5x a week. It's been good for me to have something to strive for, otherwise, I find lame-0 excuses for not spending time with God as often as I should.

Anyways. The movie is over. I have no idea how it ended. That's all for this edition of my lazy Saturday afternoon ramblings.