Although I try to have a positive and thankful disposition most of the year (some days I'm certainly better than others at it!), this is the time of the year where we draw extra attention to what we are thankful for. Or I like to think of it as "recognizing our blessings." Here's some of my thoughts today:
* I'm thankful for a knowledge, awareness, and concern for knowing and loving the God of our universe. He loves me, died for me, and rose again for me....WAHOO!
* I'm thankful for the gift of our 2 little boys and the task that we've been given to raise them.
* I'm thankful that Adam and I were both raised in families that knew God. We both had living testimonies of faithful Christians to watch.
* I'm thankful for Adam. What an amazing husband. So thoughtful, helpful, handy, good, responsible, respectful, caring, and the list goes on.
* I'm thankful to be a part of a loving and caring Christian community.
And now for some less serious thoughts, but things that I am still really thankful for (these are the ones that we would get a stern look from my father for if we shared them during "serious" thanksgiving time):
* I'm thankful for modern conveniences. I'm washing my clothes right now. Not by hand. Not in the river. I like these machine things.
* I'm thankful for chocolate. Really. Yes, chocolate. It's so good.
* I'm thankful for our credit card. (Yes, we know Dave Ramsey does not like credit cards). But we use them reguarly and pay them immediately. We had so many points from credit card purchases that we were able to receive well over $300 in gift cards to go toward Christmas presents this year!
* I'm thankful for disposable diapers. And I'll be even more thankful when we don't have to use them.
* I'm thankful for nail polish. My toes look so much better if they've been freshly painted.
* I'm thankful for happy-ending girl movies.
* I'm thankful for dessert. Whoever thought of that needs to be given an award!
Okay, all of my sporadic and few blog readers...you're turn! Give me something serious and something a little silly that you are thankful for!