So, let's pretend like Heath didn't turn 2 a week and a half ago.
It's all just going way too fast.
We celebrated on a busy Sunday with just a few small festivities with our household.
Doesn't take much to make a 2-year old happy.
Get a couple of balloons. Have a cake. Let him unwrap a few gifts.
Put him down for a nap.
Here's what Heath is like at 2 years old:
- He's a momma's boy nearly all of the time. Even at 5 a.m.when he can't sleep. "Momma......Momma?....Momma?" Not gonna lie. I find it incredibly endearing and adorable. But I still make Adam get up and deal with him. ;)
- He likes kicking and throwing balls back and forth with someone.
- He's a good eater. Not too many things he won't eat (sometimes a little prompting is needed though).
- He skipped over playing with baby toys very much and likes playing with what his older brothers are playing with.
- He's not very verbal. In the last couple of months, he has finally started copying sounds and words that we say. Even though he doesn't have a huge vocabulary, its clear that he understands us just fine. He is great at following directions and responding to things we say.
- He does make a lot of noises and animates his toys: car noises, animal growls, weapon noises.
- He likes trucks, motorcycles, and firetrucks.
- He loves being read to. And lately, he wants a book put in his bed with him when he goes to sleep.
- He still naps every day for around 3 hours. And sleeps 12 hours at night.
- He is a very sweet boy and we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE him!