Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day

I felt very full this Mother's Day. The love bank was overflowing! 

Adam does a really great job at coordinating efforts with our young boys on spoiling me and treating me nice. Last weekend while I was hosting showers at the house, he was kicked out several times and had to find ways to stay busy with the boys outside of the house. He ended up taking them shopping and they picked out a lovely skirt for me. 
Imagine the scene: a man in the women's department with 3 young boys as they debated which maxi skirt to get me. Makes me smile. 

They also picked up a re-fillable movie theatre popcorn bucket for me while they were out. This has been deemed the BEST present EVER by me. Flowers? Eh. Jewelry? Eh. I have a strong affinity for movie theater popcorn. This bucket is re-fillable from May 1 through September 30. We don't see movies very often, but you don't have to see a movie to get it filled. :) 

They gave me the skirt on Saturday night at dinner and then they kicked me out of the house and told me to go shopping and pick out the rest of the outfit. Adam's mom usually send me a little money to do something with. I'm not always good at using it. But this year, I did. I bought a shirt, shoes, and jewelry to finish off the outfit. I felt pretty cute (or at least, well-coordinated) on Sunday. :) 

I also got extra hugs on Sunday and breakfast in bed. 

I was also excited that I was going to get to see my mom on Mother's Day! I don't think I've done that since I've been married! Sundays aren't an ideal time to fit in family gatherings for someone that works at a church. But our new pastor is a supporter of having the evening service off to allow for family time on special days like this. So, as soon as church and Sunday school were over we hopped in the van and drove 2 hours to my Jackson side family gathering. It was at my aunt and uncle's house. They live in the country on a hobby farm: cows, horses, goats, dogs, cats, donkeys, pigs, and peacocks (and probably some animals I didn't list)! The boys had fun driving a tractor, trying to sneak up on peacocks, feeding cows, and running laps around the house. Here's a few pictures from the day: 






Me, my mom, and my grandma