Tuesday, June 05, 2012

ANOTHER BOY!

Most already know through Facebook that we are expecting another BOY!  
It's always so fun to take a look at the baby at this point!  Even though I've only felt movement from the baby occasionally, during the ultrasound this little guy was active and moving limbs all over the place.  It's so crazy to see everything so defined already - fingers, toes, facial features! Everything is looking good though. And that feels good. 
Adam thought I didn't sound excited enough when I talked about the possibility of another boy in my previous post. :) I'm excited. I fully embrace being the mom of 3 boys!  I love thinking about what our future looks like!  Let's do this!  
I honestly love knowing what gender the baby is at this point.  I know it takes some element of surprise out of the equation when the little one actually arrives, but that doesn't bother me. It all becomes more real in my mind when I'm able to start picturing a little boy or girl running around. We have not even begun to talk about names yet. Now we can go ahead and focus on one side of the baby name book when we have the chance. :) Plus, hopefully by the time this little one arrives Landon will stop asking, "Why couldn't it be a girl?"  Would hate to see the look on that boy's face when we would try to make him hold a new baby brother when he had prepared himself for a sister the whole time. 
Anyways. Another thought that crossed my mind during the ultrasound was that some people still choose to end a pregnancy at this point. And it's still completely legal to do so. I hurt for that unborn child and for all of those women who have felt the need to do so at this point. Even without being a trained ultrasound tech, I could easily make out the precious baby on the screen. 

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:13