Thursday, October 10, 2013

He Did What?!

I'm feeling really overwhelmed today.
In a good way.
A really good way.
Really, I almost feel bad that I feel SOOO good.
I know this is just God blessing my socks off.

Adam has been making some amazing strides the past couple of days.
They had him up and walking today.
What?!
Yep. You read that right.
Walking.

He went about 100 feet during one of his therapy sessions today.
As you can see in the pictures and video, it's with the assistance of a special walker and with support from 2 therapists. He had to take a couple of breaks, but these were such encouraging steps. 
Yesterday they had him stand for the first time.

His body is still working at getting the signals all straightened out, so he has a lot of control and coordination left to be gained. 
Every day he is just making some really amazing strides.
We feel so thankful that God is showing us these miraculous gains!

Plus, we continue to feel the love and support of others.
In ways that are just leaving me smiling and shaking my head in disbelief.
We feel so privileged and honored to be the recipients of God's grace and the generosity and thoughtfulness of others.

We just keep praying that God will use us and this situation for His glory and His plans.



17 comments:

Adams mom said...

My mothers heart is leaping with joy! Thank you God!!!!!!

MistyKern said...

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH YAY!!!! So so so awesome! Yay God, and his servant's prayers on your behalf.

Becki Doornbos said...

What a praise! He looks like a driven man! Continued prayers for all!

DawnL said...

Oh Adam and Becca! We are praising God with you and thanking Him for the healing so far. My heart is just bursting with joy.

Prayers continue!!!

Keith and Dawn

Anonymous said...

Praise God! I couldn't be more excited for you guys.

-Jonathan

Joshua Emmons said...

Praise God! Our youth group is lifting you up in prayer, my students are always asking for updates, I will be sure to share this praise with them this week.

Clark and Janice Arends said...

Thank You, Lord! This brought happy tears to my eyes, we are so excited and grateful to see your progress!

Aunt Diana said...

So excited!!! God is so awesome in how He is blessing you each day.

Sue Holt said...

I am a friend of Louise & Jayme Dickenson. Our ladies' Bible Study, which Louise attends, has been praying for you. My son was hit by a car while roller blading 9 years ago and was paralyzed. If you think it would help, you can read about our journey at joshwholt.blogspot.com

The Monteith Family said...

Brings tears to my eyes! WAY TO STAY STRONG!!! God has a huge plan ahead for you both. GOOOOO Adam, keep smiling Becca & praise Jesus for this amazing miracle unfolding before your very eyes.

Dena said...

YAAAAAYYYY!!!! What a blessing and an answer to prayer. We will continue to pray.

Oh goodness! I'm crying - I don't know why I read your blog at work... I should know better by now.

Marcus Powell said...

Praise God!

Ann Lessard said...

PRAISE GOD for he is so gracious! CONGRATS on the steps! You are just that many steps closer to what He has in store for you! BEAUTIFUL! You go ADAM!!!

Dwight Scott said...

We have a Glorious and Wonderful God!Praise the Lord in All Things!!

Molly Chesebro said...

Tears of joy! What determination, praise the Lord for your will for yourself and your family and friends!! HI AUNT DEBBIE!

Anonymous said...

Wow! So amazing to see what God has done already in Adam's body! We continue to pray for you all daily. God is so good!
-Katie and Tim Castor

Paula said...

Becca and Adam, PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW. I am so thankful for you both and seeing his road to recovery is Awesome!!!. I am praying also for A Tracy for his recovery after a stroke. Seeing the Blessings in both of you is a Blessing beyond belief. Prayers are with you and the family always. Paula