Wednesday, August 03, 2011

I did some reading...

We're back from Brazil! What a great trip. I'll try to post more about that next, but I felt inspired to share what I read while gone.

I value reading, although I don't make time to read in my everyday life - well, besides children's storybooks to the boys, the Bible, and devotional books. It had been over a year since I had read a novel. But give me some long flights and layovers and I can skirt through books pretty fast.

I asked for recommendations on Facebook and got an overwhelming amount of responses. I didn't want to pick up duds, so I was super grateful for all of the great ideas that people gave me. After a trip to the library and a few loans from people, these are the books that I made it through.

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall & Denver Moore

Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo

The Bible - I was on a reading plan to get me through the Bible in 3 months. Well, it took me exactly 4 months.

And I also made it through portions of Crazy Love by Francis Chan and Just Do Something by Kevin DeYoung.


I would highly recommend all of these books! Overall, they all left me desiring to live my life fuller, love people deeper, and draw closer to God. I like books that leave me feeling those things.