Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Birthday to Adam!

Happy Birthday to Adam!

The boys and I made Adam his favorite cake (Boston Cream Pie - although, is it really a pie??). 
He insisted he did not want any candles put in it, so we honored his request.

Hoping he could share his birthday with his 3rd born son, but at 9:30 p.m. it's not looking too likely.
We did have an ultrasound today that showed that he is only 8lbs.10oz. (remember, Landon was 10lb.4oz. and Tate was 10lbs.8oz. at birth and I birthed both of them fine).  Ultrasounds can be a good pound or so off at this point, but still he's not registering quite as big and is giving my doctor no reason to induce me (except that I'm impatient and it would be more beneficial for us to have him before our health insurance year runs up here at the end of this month - not good enough reasons for her). :) 
We've tried doing what we could to get things moving in the past week or so. I've done lots of walking. Jumping jacks. Spicy food. A massage. The kiddo just isn't ready to be born yet. 

I had contractions all through the night on Sunday and got very little sleep.  It was progressing very similar as to when Tate was born.  I was quite certain he was coming. Even had my parents come to town on Monday morning to be ready to care for the older boys.  Then it all stopped.  By late Monday morning, my doctor said I was hardly dilated to a 2.  Being a somewhat emotionally stable girl usually, well, I kinda had a cryfest in the parking lot. I was hormonal, short on sleep, frustrated, and disappointed. And I've only had random, irregular contractions ever since. 

Adam will get to keep his special day to himself in our family. 
And we will continue to anticipate this little one's eventual arrival!